For most applications, you can establish a connection by creating your own application. However, you need to create your own token to connect to some apps. Instructions on how to do this are available here.
This article serves as a general guide for creating your application: creating Client ID and Client secret + where to find the redirect URL and other useful information.
For most applications, you need to create your own application to establish integration. In this article, you will learn how to create a link (example - ClickUp). You may come across things that will be different when creating an app, but the basic process remains the same.
Create your own application
1. Click on your profile/settings icon.
2. In the selection, choose "Integrations" (also called "My apps" or "Apps and Integrations").
3. You will then usually be able to select to create a custom app (In this case - ClickUp API).
4. Click on create a new app.
5. Here, enter the app name and redirect URL. The redirect URL that you will need can be found here.
6. Use the quick search in the table to find your app. Click OPEN to see the redirect URL, which you will enter in the appropriate box in step 5.
7. Click on create an application and save your Client ID and Client secret. CAUTION: Keep this information private.
Creating a connection in Boost.space Integrator
8. In Boost.space Integrator, click on create a new scenario.
9. Click on the plus icon.
10. Now, you will need to click on "Add". In the example, the "List All Task Members" scenario is selected, but you can select any.
11. Then click on show advanced settings and enter your Client ID and Client secret. After that click on save.
12. Finally, just click on Connect Workspace and that is it!
When creating applications, you may encounter additional information that needs to be filled in, such as a description of your application, categorization, type of application, etc. If you have encountered any problems with your app, do not hesitate to contact our support.