The Boost.space system allows you to create your own custom fields. In this article, you will learn where to create them and how you can use them in the warehouse's module.
Creation of custom fields
1. On your home screen, click System Settings in the bottom right corner.
2. Select Warehouses in the navigation bar on the left side and then click on Custom Fields.
3. Click Create custom field group.
4. Name your new group and then click on save.
5. When the group is created, click on the arrow next to its name, then click on Create a new custom field button.
6. Name the custom field and select the value to be displayed (text, number, date and time, email, selection, etc.). Then click on save.
You have now created your new custom field.
Practical use of custom fields (in the stock items module)
💡 NOTE - to import stock items you need to have existing stock cards. The name of the card must match the table (step 4).
1. Open the Warehouses module and click on the three dots icon (= action) in the top middle. Then click on Edit.
2. The options for adding Custom Fields will open. Click on add into stock items.
3. Connect your own group that you have just created and select where this field will appear.
4. Create a spreadsheet (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets,...) and create 8 fields - exactly in this order: stock card, part number, stock item, serial number, external identification, amount, tax, and price. These fields are mandatory. Your custom fields must be entered AFTER these mandatory fields. Their order is arbitrary.
5. Then you need to save the document in .csv format.
6. In the Stock receipts module, click Create new stock receipt. Fill in the necessary information and upload your .csv file.
7. Once created, you can see the new items in the stock items module.
8. After clicking on each item, click on the detailed information. Here you will see your own field.
If you encounter any problems during creation, please do not hesitate to contact us.